Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Hmm...Reflections for SBWR...
Today,the minute i woke up,i quickly got a shower,than rushed to school.I was one of the early birds.I decided to read a book while i waited for JIA YI.
At about 8.30,we were told to go up to the classroom to either put our stuff or go to the foyer to wait.I decided to go up to the classroom.It was tiring.We had to go down again.We were nearly late when we reached there.I took my sit and read a book while waiting for the bus.
A few minutes later,we boarded the  bus.It was a long journey.It took about 30 to45 mins to reach there.When we arrived,we were greeted by a stench.Upon reaching,i had sprayed myself with insect repellent.
We were seperated into groups.GIRLS AND BOYS.A few boys had to go with us.Our guide was MISS GOH.She was friendly and nswered most of our Qns.
First,we crossed a bridge. I DO NOT quite rememmber the name but  i think it is BIG BAMBOO BRIDGE or sth...We were told that there were two crocidiles there,sowe tried to find it,but to no avail.I think we were not lucky...The guide asked alot of Qns,and since i had read all kinds of books, i knewsome of the Qns answers.:)Every time i thought i saw a crocidile,it turned out to be garbage...
It also seemed that SBWR was just the opposite of a place i have been to,JOHOR,in MALAYSIA.
We continued our journey.As we were exploring,we found out that the bridge was MOVING!Alot of us became frantic with fear...After a while,we tasted some plants' leaves.It tasted salty!It appears that the plant absorbed the brakish water,(BRAKISH WATER IS WATER THAT IS FRESH AND SALTY.)making the leaves taste salty.The salt is then either blown  away by the wind or dissolved in the rain.
As we reached shore,one of us found a LOBSTER MOUND!But no lobsters ,unfortunately...
A while later, we went back.We took a short toilet break.
Next,we went to explore the MANGROVES.We found out that the roots were huge and it was above the ground!We also saw some animals:MONKEY,A SMALL AND HUGE MUDSKIPPER,AND A SMALL AND HUGE TREE CLIBING CRAB,A HUGE HORSESHOE CRAB,A SQUIRREL,AND A GOLDEN WEB SPIDER WITH ITS MATE.Interestingly,the female spider  was about 50x bigger than the male!

After the whole journey,the teacher gave us a bookmark.I got a ''special edition''bookmark!:)
After the tiring day,we had to go back to school fora frustrating maths mockexam!:(
I AM ALREAFY SO TIRED I COULD NOT CONCENTRATE!
FINALLY,HOME TIME!YIPEE!BUTI STILL HAVE TUITION AT 5...AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment